>

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

dining room picture ledges

Decorating is a lot of trial and error, and boy, have I done a lot of that in this house.  I was searching high and low for something to put on this wall in our dining room because this Ikea print was just not cutting it in the decor department.
After months and months, it dawned on me that I had these Ikea picture ledges in the basement, from our first apartment, that weren't being used.  This is the only picture I can find of them, back from 2009.
So Matt hung these up with some anchors and screws in just a few minutes and I arranged some of our favorite photos on them.  Most of the frames were $1 at the Restore, and I had everything on hand already for this project.
And that funny sign was a gift from Matt's Aunt and Uncle.  They crack us up, and we just love this.
These treasured photos add the interest we were looking for.
You may be wondering what the hallway looks like, where these photos used to live.  It's a blank slate for now, and we're just fine with that.  Plus, we find that we actually look at these photos so much more now, vs. just walking past them through a small hallway.
 The only other thing in this room that is on my radar to update is the light fixture. It's not my favorite and I would really like to center it over the table, vs centered in the room, like it is now.  I have no idea when we'll do this, but it's just something in the pipeline.


3 comments:

  1. That is a great way to arrange photos - and if you want to change something, it is easy to move. BTW, I love the mirror in your hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin - so great to meet you! First - I love your blog name!!!! And, your photo ledges look great in the dining room! Isn't it awesome when you can shop your home to get the look you want! Thanks for linking up to my first newbie party and I hope to see you again this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I will be back again today :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10