>

Friday, March 14, 2014

our office + music room

The office in our house has definitely gone through the most change since we moved in.  When we first got here, I painted the stripes, built a desk, and my office was sitting pretty for quite awhile.
But, after awhile the space didn't work for me. Well, it technically "worked", but it wasn't quite right.  And I spend 40+ hours in this room every week, so it needed to be right.  Getting it to where it is now took me an incredibly long time, and the office sat in a few different stages like this along the way, because I just couldn't figure it out.
I've mentioned in the past that Matt plays the guitar and we used to keep his equipment up in the spare room.  But, he really wants to be able to record some things, so it would be much easier for him to do that if it was all downstairs with the computer.  
So, back in November we started transforming the office into a multitasking space. I shared this picture on Instagram (@erinacolburn) when I started updating the paint with a lighter color.  We used Behr Elephant Skin, which is the same color that we used in our master bath.
Then, when this year began I made the following To-Do list for this space:
  • Lighten the paint color
  • Reconfigure Furniture
  • Refurbish Console Table and add into room
  • Make a cork/memo board
  • Make Collage on Small Wall

Since I made the list, a few plans changed, and this became my new to-do list:
  • Lighten the paint color
  • Reconfigure Furniture
  • Bring the bookshelves into this space and organize office/guitar supplies
  • Make a cork/memo board
  • Hang Music Memorabilia on the wall above bookshelves

I finally got everything done in this space, and here it is all completed! This room is definitely not magazine worthy or anything, but it's cozy and it works for us.  The space feels good to work in, which is key.

The decor in the space ranges everywhere from music memorabilia that we've gotten at concerts, to sentimental items and photos.
We've created storage areas for our office supplies, as well as Matthew's guitar equipment.
I made this fabric covered cork board with half of this Target tablecloth (post on the other half, to come!), following Chelsea's tutorial at Two Twenty One.  Be sure to check out the rest of her blog - she is fabulous!
I'm so happy to call this room done and check off all the items on my list!!!

  • Lighten the paint color
  • Reconfigure Furniture
  • Bring the bookshelves into this space and organize office/guitar supplies
  • Make a cork/memo board
  • Hang Music Memorabilia on the wall above bookshelves

2 comments:

  1. The room looks great! I love the cork board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous room I love all of the design, storage and it is very esthetically pleasing!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10