>

Friday, March 21, 2014

my first stitch fix

Have you heard of Stitch Fix?! It's an amazing subscription box for clothing and accessories!
Here's how it works:

1. Go to Stitchfix.com and complete your style profile.  I would love if you could use this referral link to register.  After that, send your friends your own referral link (available on your account page) after you sign up.  For each person that orders their first fix using your link, you get a $25 credit! Let's all help each other out, friends!

2. Schedule your first "fix" for $20.  A personal stylist will take a look at your style profile as well as your clothing Pinterest board if you have one (mine is here), and pick 5 items they think you would love.

3. When your items are shipped to you, try them all on and send back what you don't want to keep within 3 business days (no additional fee for shipping).  The $20 styling fee is applied to anything you keep, and if you keep all 5 items, you get 25% all of them!

The day came yesterday for my first fix and here's what arrived at my door:  I was waiting for it all day and WAS. SO. EXCITED.
Included with your items is a note from your stylist, and style cards to give you some ideas of how to wear these items.
 Here's what was in my first fix.  Trying on clothes with your own wardrobe is so awesome because you really get to see what would work well with the pieces you already have.

Item #1 - Bay to Baubles - Breyson Open Circle Necklace - $32
As soon as I opened my box I knew this was a keeper.  I love that's it's simple enough, but has enough interest and glitz to really add a lot to an outfit.  This is definitely a Keeper.
sweater: Loft

Item #2 - Papermoon - Charlotte Airy Knit Drape Front Cardigan - $48
This cardigan was actually really cute, but I didn't see myself wearing it a whole ton, so back it went!
tank: Target  | jeans: aeropostale  | earrings: Target

 Item #3 - Collective Concepts - Cathleen Abstract Print Tulip-Sleeve Blouse - $68
 When I saw this awesome print, I was in love right away; and I can't handle how much I love this outfit.
 But sadly the blouse itself just fit me weird without a jacket, and I just don't wear jackets that much.  The sleeve was awkward on me, and the color washed me out a bit without the blue of the jacket.  At $68, I would have to love all aspects of this blouse to purchase.
jacket: Banana Republic Factory  | capris: Loft 

 Item #4 - Pomelo - Florence Colorblocked Dress - $68
I was really excited about this dress when I saw it on the style cards, but if you hadn't noticed, I'm not the most tan person in the world, and the grey at the bottom really washes my legs out even more.  I wish the dress had been all the green color, because it's a really cute/comfortable fit.
necklace: local consignment shop  | sandals: Target

Item #5 - 41Hawthorn - Farah Fit & Flare Striped Dress
This dress is not a keeper for me because although I love the color, it honestly just made me look slightly pregnant (which I'm not, so don't ask!).  It was also really really clingy and that bugs me so much in a dress.
necklace: Old Navy  | clutch: Kohl's  | shoes: Payless

Out of all five items, I just kept the necklace and paid $12 (with my $20 styling fee already applied).  My hope was that there would be at least one item to keep so I wouldn't lose the styling fee.

And even though I didn't have so much success this time around, I would definitely do this again! I loved the anticipation and excitement when my fix arrived, and trying on things that someone else picked out for me was a lot of fun.  

So what do you think?  Have you tried Stitch Fix already?  Want to give it a shot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10