>

Thursday, April 11, 2013

half bath reveal

If you've been following along, you may be asking yourself "how has Erin not finished that half bath yet?"  Well, the reason is because I was waiting to get it 100% with accessories, so the big reveal would be complete.
Let's go back to where we started, shall we?  When we moved in, we had your typical builder-grade bathroom: terrible dirty floors, off-white walls, builder grade oak vanity, blah light fixture, and the most boring mirror ever.
Ok, honestly, this room wasn't an ugly room, by any means.  It was just there. Nothing special about it. So, back in January, I updated the vanity with gel stain and new hardware.
Then, the room sat like that until the beginning of March, when I painted the trim and door white, and updated the floor with grouted, vinyl tiles for only $25!
The following weekend, we decided to paint the top half of the room a deep blue, and add beadboard to bring some character to this space.
Since we were updating everything else, we also decided to replace and frame out the mirror, as well as add a new light fixture.
After this was complete, I spent a few weeks looking for accessories.  

So without further ado, our new 1/2 bath...
On a whim, I decided to stop in Marshalls one evening, and found this chevron rug for only $8!  Since then, Marshalls has actually become one of my favorite stores...which you will find more about very soon...
 I just love the contrast between the bright white beadboard and the deep, dark vanity.
 Remember the frames I showed you on the kitchen shelves?  This is the third one.  It was only $9, and this is actually the art that came with it.  Not something we would go with typically, but it works really well, and adds a pop of some contrasting colors.
We already had this basket in our bathroom upstairs, but I like it much more here with tissues and an extra roll of toilet paper.  There's more t.p. under the sink, but I think guests like to not have to look for it. This basket was a gift from my Aunt and Uncle.
 We also spray painted our existing towel bar, but I'm not sure that I really like it.  Might need to get something a little more chunky, and a little more brushed nickel.  I picked up the soap dispenser from Target for about $10.
Are you ready for some before and afters?

So, how much did this whole makeover cost?  Here's a quick breakdown:

Updating Vanity with Gel Stain + Hardware - $5 (we used what we had left from the kitchen project)
Grouted, Vinyl Flooring - $25
Paint, Beadboard and Trim - $75
Mirror - $17
Light Fixture - $25
Accessories - $27

Total = $174!

Woo! Not bad for a full overhaul of the room!  

P.S. Sometimes, I have to just gaze at this room from the hall/laundry room...I just love it!
Sharing this project at House of Hepworths.

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing! I love how it turned out! My husband and I are hoping to buy a house in the next year. But with our budget, I'm sure we'll have a lot of improving to do. So your blog will be a great resource! I just followed you on FB and pinned this! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation! I Love LOVE the beadboard and the white/dark contrast! Visiting from Hepworths. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Great! The beadboard really elevates the entire room.

    nice job!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!
    Hee-hee....photobomber dog in the before picture! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Yes, always! Love my dogs, but it's hard to get pictures without them! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  5. WoW! what an effect wainscoting has on this bathroom! I love the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Erin ... I am wanting to use beadboard in our bathroom, but don't see it working with the other wood I have in there. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found this via Pinterest and what a gorgeous transformation! Also like how budget friendly it was. Congrats and thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10