>

Friday, November 30, 2012

my first blogiversary

It was one year ago today that I wrote my very first blog post.
I had spent the previous few months becoming more and more obsessed with Pinterest and perusing through so many amazing diy and lifestyle blogs, that I felt inspired to start my own.  Little did I know, this blog would become a huge part of my life.

Since then, I have posted 176 times, and have had a total of 12,042 pageviews.  That is an average of 14.67 posts, and 1,003.5 pageviews per month.  And that even includes the 3 posts total that I wrote in November and December last year, and the month of our wedding when I only posted 7 times.  It has been so incredible to see these numbers change and grow every month.

The biggest reason this blog has meant so much to me, is because it has done two things: 

1.) It's given me the hobby I never had.  I didn't play sports or anything when I was younger, and especially since I've been an adult, I have felt a lack of passion for a hobby. I love to write here, and to share what's going on in our house and our life.  And even more than that, I love the actual projects that we do.  Having a creative outlet is so much more important in my life than I could have imagined.

2.) It's given me the most amazing relationships.  Do you know how many people have told me/sent pictures of them buying scrub brushes because of this post? The amount of love and support I have received from not only my family and friends, but from people I've never met who comment on this blog, is incredible.  It is almost constant, and brings so much joy to my life.

Most of all, I want to thank you.  
Thank you for reading magenta and lime.  Whether you found me through Pinterest, or because Kat or Alisa told you about it, or perhaps you have subscribed by email, Thank You.    You make what I do even more enjoyable.  Your support means everything to me, and I can't thank you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10