>

Monday, April 9, 2012

easter weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! I can tell you, we did!  We were so busy, but looking through all the pictures from this weekend, it makes me so thankful for the blessings in my life.

Saturday was Roxy's puppy class graduation.  I am so thankful this is over because she (and we) learned so much; and our Saturday mornings are free once again.  She even got a cute mortar board for this picture.
Since spring time is here in Colorado, we set our eyes on our lawn.  And boy is it looking rough.  The grass is dry and brown, we've got dandelions coming up and overall it just needs a lot of work.  Step 1 was getting the sprinkler system going.  Thank you, Dad for coming over to help us figure this out.  Neither of us is familiar with sprinkler systems, so his assistance was essential!

However, we do have some beautiful elements of our yard, including one of our front trees and a new friend.
On Sunday, we left for church early to get there by 8am.  I was helping out with the egg hunt, and Matthew played electric guitar in the worship band.  The services were fantastic, and it was so much fun to see all the kiddos in their cute Easter outfits going for all the eggs.
One of the my favorite things about our life is our church.  We go to LifeBridge Tri Towns, held in Frederick, and we absolutely love it.  It is a great place to worship, and has a wonderful family atmosphere where everyone knows everyone and it has been such a wonderful experience for us.  Matthew and I are both involved in different ministries and we have made some of the most amazing friends.  

After church, we went over to my folks' house in Longmont.  My Aunt and Uncle live in Englewood, so they drove up to celebrate with everyone as well.  One of my family's traditions is to make homemade pizza each year and eat it on my Mom's fine china.  My Mom also makes her famous Jello parfaits each year.  This year, the food was so amazing, and it was so nice to be with my family (it had been 4 years since I'd been home for Easter).
And, I got some family shots through the day as well!
It was such a special day, and a wonderful weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10